My Blog List

Monday, May 9, 2011

Big Idea critique

I know it's super late to post this and it won't get read or graded, but I thought I would do it anyway.

My big idea changed from my proposals and I kind of merged two of the ideas. I did a color/transparency project and I used people to represent mark making. I wanted my piece to represent how we view beauty. Although the piece is nice to look at I used opposing colors to represent conflict in opinions about beauty and the way that women act and what's expected of them. I used the body of the model on the left to represent the unhealthy view of beauty where people think that being skinny is what beauty should be and the natural beauty of the model on the right to represent what I think it should be. The one on the left has her back turned to the one on the right to create conflict and tension. I felt like I could have pushed the piece further because it felt like it was lacking, but I'm not sure what I can do to push it successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment