My Blog List

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Area of interest 1

A collage (From the French: coller, to glue) is a work of formal art, primarily in the visual arts, made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.

Assemblage is an artistic process in which a three-dimensional artistic composition is made from putting together found objects.

Personally I find it difficult to get into collage because I've never really been able to get myself interested in it. I kind of struggled with the collage project because of this, but I figure if I revisit and re-amp my projects then maybe they'll turn out better and I might be more comfortable with collage.

Assemblage is a form of collage that creates 3D objects. Since I enjoy sculpting for the most part I figure this might interest me more. When I took design II last semester we started studying gestalt at the end of the semester and we had to create a piece using found objects and my main piece was an antique pocket watch. After looking at the following blog of assemblage artists I have to say I like the way assemblage art looks. http://www.assemblageartists.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment