My Blog List

Friday, March 25, 2011

Metaphor Project Final

Metaphor: The trees on the road were turning into a tunnel choking me and disabling my vision so I couldn't see anything else and the black road was all I could focus on.

I decided to go with the first memory I had and it turned out to be the strongest and most difficult to deal with. I actually found myself crying while I was making the piece because it brought back so many memories I had tried to forget from my sophomore year of high school. Luckily I had my boyfriend there to keep me calm and give me motivation to finish the piece. I'm not sure if people understood it, or if they saw it as a feminine beauty piece or something, but I created what I had pictured in my mind. I also brought in my own stand to represent the dark roads.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment