My Blog List

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Story Line Crit

My biggest problem with the piece was the visible hooks. Also I should have played with light to create interesting shadows. Most people said the mood was depressing but a sense of happiness or freedom is created as you move further out on the piece. It also gives mixed emotions.






They said the use of my material was good and so was the overall presentation. The negative space was created mainly with the frames. My materials were charcoal and the frames. The drawing feels sinister. Another downfall was the door stopper on the wall was visible and it shouldn't have been in such a constricting area. On the good side the repetition of the frame was used well. Also I could have mounted it off the wall further for more shadow play. The flat top of the frames seemed to make the drawing feel compressed as if it was pushing it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment